K-12 HiCap Virtual Office Hour: Questioning
Jen Flo, WAETAG President and Regional Administrator for Advanced Learning and Teacher Support at Educational Service District (ESD) 113, will present about the critical role of questioning. We ask questions every day of ourselves and don’t give much thought to the critical role questioning plays in enabling us to be problem solvers, innovators, and critical thinkers. There is shift in education to move away from the search for absolute answers and engage in questioning strategies to deeply reason with information. We’ll explore:
- What does the stream of questions from curious toddlers show?
- Why should we care about questions?
- What skills do we need to ask questions?
- Why does engagement plummet as learners advance in school?
- What can we do to reverse this trend?
To jumpstart your thinking, you might enjoy this video from Warren Berger, author of A More Beautiful Question.
Join Zoom Meeting https://us02web.zoom.us/j/3607256171
Meeting ID: 360 725 6171 One tap mobile +12532158782,3607256171# US (Tacoma)
Join by SIP firstname.lastname@example.org